Thursday, November 18, 2010

New corner of my bedroom

Welp-I had before photos of this corner (picture a not so attractive gun cabinet, hunting accessories strewn about, and tractor pulling trophies, at least 30 of them).  Yes-I had before photos-but I accidentally deleted them from my camera.  Oh well-I didn't want to remember what it looked like anyhow!

So believe me when I tell you-this corner looks better now. 

I took a notion on Monday-to get that eyesore of a gun cabinet out of my bedroom.   (My husband has slept downstairs for nearly 2 years now.  First because of our ailing, old doggie and then because of our pup and also because he can't stand my snoring-HA!)  We also have an unused bedroom now, since Hoper moved out...which means the gun cabinet and other junk could go in there and the white bookshelf could go in here (my bedroom).

I completed the ol' switcheroo while hubby was at work.  It involved blood, sweat, but no tears!  Not even when the hubster got home!  He wasn't mad, he just thinks I'm crazy.

Please note from the above photo-

::I bought the ladder at a yardsale years ago for four dollars.  I painted it that pinkish color.  It was out on the balcony, but since I have room now, I brought it in.  It comes in handy for changing lightbulbs and getting into our little attic space.

::I've been crocheting a few washcloths.  See the basket of prettily colored cotton yarn up there on my shelf!

::I fixed up another cheesebox this morning.  The one on top.  I've got them stacked four high now-yeehawwww!!!!

::See that table up there in the corner?  I salvaged that from my husband's truck bed a while ago.  He was on the way to the dump.  (He's the crazy one!)  Anyway-I'm thinking another stack of old quilts and afghans would look cute on there.  I'll have to hunt for some at Goodwill!

::I don't think the white bookcase looks quite right-but for now it will do, until something better comes along.

::It's been very dark and rainy here for the last three days, so I added the 'cross process' effect to my photos-so it looks like I'm making my photos dark on purpose!

Have a wonderful day.  :)

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Very nice, Holly. Love the ladder.

Dawn S. said...

it looks lovely! There are times when I wish for "my own room"! LOL

Luisa said...

What inviting little area. I really like the farbric in the hoops hanging onthe wall.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

This weather is definitely not cooperating with photography! But, your lighting in these pictures looks great. I think I want to move in. So, so cozy.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, girls!

Julie Smith said...

What a lovely space! So cabin-y and sweet.

Dawnie said...

Yes, very sweet! I haven't got my invitation to "Holly's Bed & Breakfast". Your room is inviting... I love the pictures of the little boy and girl too. Everything looks adorable!