Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Did a little Christmas decorating today

That's right-just a little.  And I won't be doing much more.  I basically just transferred the antique Christmas bulbs that my aunt gave me from bowls I had sitting around-onto what was already sitting on my little cabinet and added a little string of star lights.   Oh yeah-and I put out the red and green doily that Melissa sent me.

Also-I took down the airbed we had sitting on our floor.  Hubby wasn't using it anyhow.  He just sleeps on the recliner or couch-so it's gone till after Christmas.  I also cleaned some of  those forgotten corners.  You know-the ones with dead bugs and dust bunnies.  I also put out the wreath that my friend, Dawnie, gave us last year and the poinsettia doily that my mom made.  (I forgot to put it in the attic last year-so that was easy!)

So, I'm all for not stressing myself out.  My child isn't living here anymore, so decorating will be minimal this year.  I'll  probably be getting Hoper's stocking from the attic and maybe a few of our favorite ornaments for the pencil tree (yes-the fake pencil tree will be our Christmas tree again this year), and I'll be wrapping some gifts and placing them under the tree too-so that will help make it look festive.  

So yeah-it's beginning to look a little like Christmas 'round here.

I hope it's beginning to look a little (or a lot) like Christmas 'round your place too!

6 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Oh my, you are my soul sister. I'm not doing much in the way of decorating either. I can't seem to get into the spirit. That being said....I love your display. So soft and welcoming.

Dawn S. said...

Our tree (fake) is up and decorated and the mantle has been decked out but that is about as far as I go anymore. Like you, my youngins are grown, but hubby and I still love and enjoy the beauty of the decorations this time of year....

Julie Smith said...

Holly, you put together the most amazing little spaces! I love this so much.

Rhonda said...

Oh I envy you your "little bit of decorating". As soon as my boys are grown (not that I'm wishing it away), I will really scale back too.

Holly C. said...

Jodi-oh yes-I think we are soul sisters.

Dawn-my hubby couldn't care less about Christmas decor, but I do enjoy the little bits I do.

Julie-thank you!

Rhonda-you know-I think you are just getting sick of it because you have been doing it for sooooo long. But no-you sure wouldn't want to wish it away!

Inoureyes said...

We started decorating yesterday too. Simple decorations can look alot better than going all out. Even just the Christmas lights can look festive enough.