Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yummy recipe using leftover chili

My dad, with my mom's help, cans homemade chili. It's yummy. And they, of course, give some to their children. Do you know how nice it is to just pop open and heat a jar and voilá-supper? Well-let me tell you-it's nice!

So anyway-if you would happen to have about 2 cups or a pint of leftover chili hanging out in your fridge-here's a yummy recipe to use it up.

Chili Cheese Dip

Spread 8 oz of cream cheese on the bottom of a pie plate.

Spread about 2 cups (1 pint) of chili on top of that. (Homemade is best, but canned will do.)

Sprinkle 1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese on top of that.

Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy! ☺

This recipe is in my cookbook.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Idea! Thanks!!!!

Jessie said...

Hello Holly!!! Bet you're surprised to see me here. I just wanted to let you know I love your blog and your recipes and I really like how you color coordinate your recipes to the star ingredients.

Holly said...

Why, thank you Jessie! Now I expect a comment every day!☺

Dawnie said...

Sounds yummy-licious!!

Jessie said...

You better have something up everyday for me to comment on, because you know I check everday sometimes several times a day.

Anonymous said...

This dip is delicious. I like the color coordinating too.
Rhonda