Saturday, June 6, 2009

If the shoe fits...

Plant it!

I love my cast iron shoe that I purchased at an antique shop (it's not an antique). I plant hens and chicks in it every year and every year they don't do so good. Either they get too much water and rot, or too little and dry up. I gathered up a couple nice hens that had survived the winter and stuck them in there-maybe the hens will produce some chicks. I hope they do good this year. The stuff in the toe is a succulent too, and it's pretty hardy.

My flower garden looks terrible so far. I am dragging my feet to get it fixed up for some reason. Hopefully I will get my act together soon!

Lovely red watering can courtesy of ♥Dawnie♥

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh cute-I have some of the stuff coming out of the "toe" too. Did you ever try putting Dragon's blood sedum in the top? It is VERY hardy and does well in containers too - I brought some back from PA and it is taking over my garden now.

Holly said...

No-I never did. I'll have to get some-do you know where? I remember you had that strawberry pot with all those different succulents-I loved that.