Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fabulously funky and fun potholders

I made these today. I think I'm giving one of each to a bride to be and sending one of each to a friend who's getting a new kitchen. There are three wonky ones (I tried to hide them), so I'll make new and keep the rejects for myself!

***I adapted the pattern from the Allsorts criss cross coasters tutorial to make these potholders. I cut the material into 7 1/2 inch squares and used a 7 inch square piece of heat resistant batting in place of the fusible web. They are thick, so they are harder to sew without getting wonky!***

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, too cute. Are these the same pattern as the coasters? What size are the squares? i love the colors you used.

Holly C. said...

Yes-I forgot to write that. I adapted the pattern for potholders. I cut out 7 1/2 inch squares of fabric and 7 inch squares of heat resistant batting. They get a little wonky because they're so thick.

Did you ever make a coaster?

Rhonda said...

Yes, I made 3 of them for the boys' tv room. The first one I goofed a little, but got the other two right. It was fun! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I'll have to try the potholders, as I need some new ones.

Holly C. said...

Good job!

Inoureyes said...

Hi Holly, I followed you over here from Soule Mama. Hope you don't mind if I stay a while. Very cute coasters.

Holly C. said...

Hi Melissa. It's nice to "meet" you ☺ !

Dawnie said...

Hey, you taught me how to make these and now I forget how. I think I have developed Alzheimer's. I love the fabrics you used for these. They are so cute.

Holly C. said...

I'll teach you again someday-when you're in the sewin' mood.