Friday, June 26, 2009

My cookbook as a wedding gift

The end of last year I got the idea to make my own little cookbook of really easy recipes that I seem to make quite a bit. So I got busy making my little recipes and as I did, I photographed each dish. I then went to artscow.com and got to work making this little photo/recipe book. Artscow is very reasonably priced and good quality. (They are located Japan.) Anyhow, I ordered a bunch for my family and friends and they all seemed pretty tickled.

I'm invited to a wedding in August, so I got to thinking that I could personalize a cookbook (I love personalized things). Since it is saved on the artscow website I only had to add a little text to the cover (first names and wedding date) and there you go-a personlized wedding gift.

I also made a change to one of the recipes because I forgot to say what kind of crust goes with the Wayside Inn Pie. (Graham cracker, by the way.) I guess that's why there is such a thing as an editor. Thanks, Rhonda!

♥♥♥I'm also giving them money-you know-so they can go buy something they really want.
Hahahahaha. Just kidding-I know they will appreciate it. But I am really giving money too.♥♥♥

☺☺☺And another thing-I know a few of you have thought about writing children's books-you know who you are. Why not make one for your own kids? Who knows-perhaps you will become a famous author someday. And if not-well-your kids will treasure their book forever!☺☺☺

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, I love love love my cookbook! And I love Artscow - funny you should mention writing your own book - I just made one for Levi and Noah about baseball. I had pics of them playing baseball in our yard and pics of their big brothers playing at school. They LOVE that book and I have to read it all the time. I'm planning on making another about "family" when Arts cow has another special on the books.
Holly, YOU ROCK!

Holly C. said...

No-you rock! You are one of the ones I was thinking of to write a book for your kids. And you already did!

Rhonda said...

OH, I guess great minds think alike! LOL

Dawnie said...

Rachel is going to love her cookbook. How awesome to personalize it. I know she will treasure it like I do.