Friday, June 5, 2009

Blue tinted daisies

Last night

This morning.

Did you ever tint your daisies or Queen Anne's lace by adding food coloring to their water? I did this every year when I was a kid. My mom must have showed me how to do this.

When my daughter was little we did this too, and I think she was pretty impressed-and she was alway pretty hard to impress.

So here's what you do:

Take a pair of scissors outside with you.

Find a patch of weeds daisies or Queen Anne's lace.

Cut a nice, little bunch.

Bring in the house, find a clear glass, or vase, or little milk bottle.

Fill with water and then add a nice squirt of food coloring.

Add your weeds wildflowers.

Leave and come back a few hours later to witness the magic!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Aww-I did the Queen Anne's lace, but never daisies. I'll have to try that. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hummmm... I did this with the daisies, but it did not work....I guess my daisies are not magic...:~(

Anonymous said...

Oh know-it didn't work? I used a healthy squirt of food coloring. Sorry it didn't work for you. Mine are still getting bluer-guess they are magic.☺

Dawnie said...

This is a great idea. I have never tried it but I am going to. Thanks for the tip.

Holly said...

I see anonymous spelled no wrong in the third comment. Oh wait-that was me! Daaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

I added lots more food coloring, no magic.!!... so I took them and dunk them...now fake magic...or should I say cheating magic?
and they have lasted for many, many days...