Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Misc.

Who in the world would want this goldenrod yellow, plastic, 70ish style file box??? That would be me! Especially since it was only 15 cents (from Goodwill) and also because it reminds me of the sewing box I got for Christmas one year when I was a kid.
Also, I thought I could keep all my cards in one spot, instead of in every different drawer in this house.

I like it!

See these giant clothespin/pen holders?-I found one a long time ago at Goodwill. (I took the pen holder off it and now I can't find it.) Sunday, I found another one-for 15 cents. It goes to my niece, Jessica, for her desk. She loves office supplies and I think this might be right up her alley.

Finally-I had a bunch of colorful bottle caps that were given to me, in my junk drawer. So I decided to make my girl some magnets for her fridge. (I always cut the magnets out of plastic shower curtains. The magnets are kind of thin-so I either hot glue two magnets together or build up the hot glue on the back of the cap and then hot glue the magnet to the cap.)

Have a bright, bright, sunshiny day!!!

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love that sewing box - good idea for a reuse! I still have the one my mom got me when I was in Brownies - it is a 70's green color and has a label on with my name. I use it to keep ribbon in.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Clever ideas....I especially love the idea of salvaging those magnets. I went out and bought a stack of magnets last year when I was on my vintage button / magnet obsession. Oh -- you're making me want to go thrifting again.

gardenmama said...

cute bottle caps!
you are always creating something sweet : )

Inoureyes said...

i would love it too! It looks like my green retro sewing box.
I have had dreams of that cake on your computer.
Waking up with tummy aches though.
Maybe one day Ellie and I will make it....one day.

Julie Smith said...

I love all of this stuff! So perky and bright!

Dawnie said...

Love the sewing box. I had a green one I used when were in 4-H way back when. HA. Love your magnets too!!! I have some you made for me on my fridge. She'll LOVE them!!

Kate said...

Hmmm, I love it all! The box is such a fun color and reminds me of a sewing box I got when I was a kid too! I just stumbled across you and your blog through someone's flickr favorites and I love your blog, so inspiring! And your house pictures on flickr, your "corners" set, they're gorgeous, love it!

Holly C. said...

Thank you, Kate. It's nice to meet you. :)