Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog book

I had been meaning to turn the first year of this blog into a book since the first of this year-but I had never gotten around to doing it.  Last week I bit the bullet and did it.  It was quite easy and straight forward.  I chose the option to let it be automatically formatted in the least amount of space possible.  Even so, I had nearly 350 posts in 2009.  The book is 218 pages long.  Yikes!  Which made it pretty darn pricey-approximately $95.00.  Yikes again!

It had a dedication page-which was fun!  I dedicated it to my daughter, of course.  (I even snuck Rocco in there.)  When and if I show this to her-I can just see the ol' eyes a rollin'.  She thinks I'm a silly, old, fuddy duddy.  (I kind of am.)

When you choose the auto-format feature, sometimes the whole post is not on the same page.  I can live with that because formatting it myself would have been a big pain!

Here's the back.  I had to sneak a cup o' tea in too.  (You know-because of hot tea-get it?) The look of this book reminds me of my old yearbooks.  I suppose that's what it (sort of) is.

Now my computer-free mommy (silly lady) can read my blog!

I ordered this book from Sharedbook.  It's $24.95 for a 20 page hardback book and 35 cents per page after that-hence my very,very expensive scrapbook.  I'm not quite as long winded this year-so 2010 will be easier on the ol' pocketbook.

9 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

It's definitely a treasure worth sharing. My mom struggles with her computer too -- so this would be perfect. And I think your dedication is touching. So there.

Rhonda said...

Oh I love it! Someday Hoper will appreciate you-it may be many, many years, but she will!

Luisa said...

It's beautiful!. I was thinking of doing the same thing making a blog book for my first year but I'm going to wait a couple more months to do that. Angry Chicken blog just did the same thing but she did it herself and it looked like a lot of work. However the book comes about it's just beautiful to share with your family.

Holly C. said...

Ladies-I think you all need to order a blog book too! as a treat for yourselves and your families. :)

dodi said...

This is such an awesome idea. I had another blog (now closed to the public) that is very family based. It could easily second as a keepsake book if I had it printed it up. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

hanna said...

oh yeah,I must do this one day too. It's rather pricey, but totally worth it :)

Kim said...

That's so cool sissy!

Joelle said...

What a cool idea, I'm sure your daughter will apprciate this in the future. It's so much better to have hard copy of the little thing. Take it from me I just lost 2yrs of photos cause my drive crashed. Wish I had printed them out.
Love your blog.
Joelle

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Joelle.

That's happened to me before too! Ack!