Saturday, July 10, 2010

Painted rocks

I had been wanting something 'earthy' to put in my new little woven basket that I picked up at Goodwill last week. (This is a really nice basket and looks hand woven to me-not sure though.) Then I came across this post from Hanna at Craftykin. I thought-aha, those painted rocks would be perfect. So I gathered my kiddie water paints, some brushes, a cup of water and headed outside. I grabbed a couple river rocks from around the 'garden' and 10 minutes later I had something earthy for my woven basket.

That was easy (and fun)! :)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those are so pretty-and I love that basket! Would have never thought of using the water colors, but they turned out lovely!

Holly C. said...

Rhonda,

I wouldn't have thought of it either, but I saw it on Craftkin. You gotta love blogs!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Such pretty colors. My kids made a "rock" band last year painting rocks to look like musical instruments. It was really neat.