Monday, June 21, 2010

From bowling ball to gazing ball...

in no time flat!
Somebody won't let me alone when I'm trying to 'garden'. Good thing he's cute!
What do you do when the top of your bird bath breaks? Well, when a lovely friend emails you an idea about turning a bowling ball into a gazing ball-you do just that.

Yes-we happened to have a few bowling balls lying around-doesn't everybody? (I guess hubby found them and brought them home. I guess I've taught him right!) I found a can of gold spray paint that's at least 10 years old. You are suppose to prime your bowling ball (I didn't, but I thinks it'll be okay), then paint it on one side, then the other, repeat. Then tada-a gazing ball, looking oh so lovely in my under the deck flower garden.

Thank you, Rhonda, for the idea.

3 comments:

Kim said...

oh my goodness. is that ever clever!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

What a great solution to your dilemma. I like this very much!

Rhonda said...

I know I left a comment on here earlier today-
Love how it turned out!