Thursday, August 27, 2009

Handmade Home Project

I love, love, love to read blogs. The very first blog I ever read was The Julie/Julia Project . I asked my sister to look it up for me, after seeing a news segment on it. So, when I was at my sister's house I always got on her computer and read it. This was way before I had my own computer. In fact I didn't know how to turn her's on and could barely use the mouse!

Anyhow-the blog was about Julie and her quest to make every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. That's 536 recipes in 365 days and so her blog was born-then a book(thanks, Kimmie, for the book)-and now the movie. I haven't seen it-but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Today, (my name is Holly and) I am a blog addict and one of my favorites is Soulemama. She wrote two books-The Creative Family and now just out-is Handmade Home-Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures. I'm loving reading Handmade Home. And since the Julie & Julia movie is out right now-it got me thinking. Just for fun-I should do a little bloggy series called 'Handmade Home'-and make each of the 33 projects in Amanda's book. And then blog about it. I'll give myself plenty of time-say a year. I don't work well under pressure.

So-I have already been gathering some of the materials for "beach blanket to go"-lots of sheets with cool prints from good ol' Goodwill. Some of the other projects will include "baby's fringed playmat", "cloth diapers", and "women's cloth". That should be interesting!

Wish me luck-I'm sure I'll need it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so cool! You go, girl!
Rhonda

Dawnie said...

Sounds awesome, Holly. You go for it! Also, just washed up many sheets from Goodwill to share with you on the beach blanket project. Hey, maybe you will be on the big screen someday too. I can say, "I knew her when..."

Anonymous said...

Bahahahahahaha! You're funny, Dawnie.☺

Holly

Jodie said...

I KNEW HER FIRST.......HHAHAHHAHAHH