Monday, August 24, 2009

Green with "Envy"

No-I'm not really green with envy, but I think I might have a zinnia that is.

I saved this article from Country Living from-get this-10 years ago! I've always been fascinated with zinnias-I think it's the vibrant colors and the fact that they grow best by just throwing the seeds directly in the ground.

This article was about green zinnias and their name is "Envy". Cute, right? Well-I'm wondering if one of my seed packets contained an "Envy" seed because it sure looks green to me.

Anyhow-I thought it was funny that I had saved that article. I do that-save articles that interest me and keep them in a file folder. It's takes up a lot less space than saving the whole magazine and makes things easier to find. I know of others that do this too (Dawnie & Cindy H. to name a few). So I know I'm not that weird!!!

Oh-and I had to show off my unusual find-it's a tinted 2 quart Mason jar. I don't think I've ever seen a 2 quart jar-so it's unusual to me. 49 cents-that baby was!☺

Have a bright, bright, sunshiny day!
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

5 comments:

kb said...

I have a few clippings too just not filed neatly.

Anonymous said...

I have one of those Mason jars with a steel lid and my mom has or had a few at her old house and she kept her macaroni and things in them on the counter. I may have to go steal them since I am sure my brother could care less about them. I love them.
Jessie

Anonymous said...

Kimmie-mine aren't filed very neatly either-they're just thrown in a folder.

Yes Jessie, you must go steal them before he throws them out!

Holly

Dawnie said...

Love the green zinnias. How pretty. I went to the farm market Friday to purchase my dollar jar of zinnias and she had sold out. BOO HOO. Love that jar too. You are such a good shopper!!

Anonymous said...

BOO HOO's right! You must get there early next time.

H☺lly