Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vintage pillowcases

The above pretty little pillowcases all came from Goodwill. I'm not actually sure they're "vintage", but to me-they look like maybe they're from the 70's. And the 70's means "vintage" to me. I don't really know what the appeal is-maybe because we had something similar when I was a kid. Also they all have a feel I love-smooth and cool. Sheets must be smooth and cool to the touch! Poly/cotton blend, these all are. I love 'em!

The three above were given to me by my husband's grandmother and my grandmother. I did the embroidery on the top two and the bottom one was already done. I love embroidered pillowcases too. I think maybe because it makes me think of the wonderful grandmothers that were in my life.

I've been using most of them too. No sense in having them hide in a closet. My friend Dawnie displays all hers on a rack-which I think is a wonderful idea. I'm a firm believer that if you love something-it should be out and in use or displayed so you can look at it!

Anyhow.......sweet dreams......

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Holly! I love your new blog header:) also the pillow cases are great, especially the birdie one, very lovely treasures.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Thanks and I love the birdie one too!

Holly