Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Flower update

My wall o' flowers

First zinnia to bloom. (Rhonda-I wonder if this one's from the packet you sent me. I've never seen one that has fuzzies in the middle like this one does. Love it!) Also, look at them thar weeds. (Someone should seriously be weeding.) And the dirty rotten Japanese beetles got to my precious zinnias. (Don't worry-I got out the Sevin and now they're all dead-the beetles, that is.☻)

Ohhh-And I'm really liking this one-although I don't know what it's called, off hand. Loving the red and white stripes.

I only spent a dollar or two on zinnias seeds. My daughter brought the rest of my flowers home from school (greenhouse leftovers). Until I planted them, most of them were half dead and I also didn't know what half of them were-so it was hit or miss. So, I'm really happy to see them bloom!

*Dear Flowers,

I ♥ you, even though I neglect you.

Love, Me

3 comments:

kb said...

I love mine too and sometimes I neglect too. I've done better this year!

Anonymous said...

You're flowers are sweet!☺

Holly

R said...

Oh, so pretty. One thing WI has over PA - no Japanese beetles - can you believe it?