Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Meet Misty and Phoenix-


our parakeets that we've had for about 6 years. I can't believe we've had them that long. I really didn't even know they were suppose to live this long. Misty is our green parakeet. The poor little dear recently lost one of her feet. Yep-she has a peg leg now. She must have injured her foot, because it swelled way up and then turned black and then fell off. I thought she would die-but she's a survivor and is doing great! Who says these little birdies are fragile??? They're not in this case, anyhow.

Phoenix is our blue parakeet. He is very lively and bebops around the cage and sings all day.

I love my birdies, but they do have some drawbacks-Dust, dust and more dust. Feathers, feathers, and more feathers. Poop, poop, and more poop (at least this stays in the cage). And they like to squawk at the most inopportune times (kind of like kids)-like when I'm on the phone. So I just cover them up and they are quiet-most of the time. Now-if it was just that easy with kids!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

ohhh poor leg-a-less/legalus its hard for me to see those leggies, i mean peg leg. lol i dont like birds, at least not the ones inside. no wayyyyyyy....yucko. and to my surprise, you love your birds holly. i am so glad you love them, cause i will have to say i dont.

ps. i took care of hoper again last night. love it.

Holly C. said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

i wish me & larry could cover u & jodie up with a blanket to get yunz to shut-up !!!!!!!!!

Holly C. said...

right back at ya, davey ☺ !