Monday, May 18, 2009

He ain't heavy...

he's my Brother!

Yes-here's my hundred dollar Brother sewing maching, which my husband got me for Christmas, oh about 9 or 10 years ago, I think. He wasn't so happy that it sat in the box for a year, never opened. Then one day I was bored and decided to get it out and I read the instruction booklet and tried to figure things out. I found some old material and started practicing. I went to the library and checked out a bunch of quilting books. Went to the fabric store, got material and sewed together a quilt top. Dusted off the quilting frames my in-laws had gotten me probably two years earlier and hand quilted the darn thing myself. I cannot believe now I had the patience to do that. I don't remember now how many quilts I've made, but quite a few!

Though I've wanted to throw him out the window a few times, my Brother has been pretty darn faithful and reliable for being cheap inexpensive and old vintage!

***I can say this about both of my sisters-She ain't heavy......she's my sister. They've both lost a bunch of weight. hehe☺☺☺

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, I remember when Larry bought that for you = I think Kevin was with him when he picked it up.

Holly C. said...

Yes-he was. I was going to say that-but I didn't know if I should.

Jodie said...

you freaking CRACK ME UP. LOVE YOU

Inoureyes said...

Do you have a photo of that quilt you first made? I pulled out the first one that i made yesturday to use as a picnic rug. Couldn't help but giggle every time i looked at it.

Holly C. said...

I have a picture somewhere. I still have the quilt-maybe I'll take it out and take a pic. It's not too bad, but I know my corners don't match up very good!