Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cactus terrarium


About four years ago, my daughter saw this cactus terrarium (top) at the grocery store and begged me to get it for her. So I did. Two of the cactuses (it's a word-I looked it up) died and it was looking pretty sad. If you click on the first photo, you will see four or more dead lady bugs. Lovely☺!

Today at the grocery store I saw this big (in comparison to the others) cactus on clearance for two dollars, so I picked it up and thought I'd try to fix up this terrarium a little bit. I dumped everything, washed it out, stuck the cactus(ouch)-along with the terra cotta container it came in, inside and filled in around it with some gravel and glass stones.

I guess it looks okay-better than it did, anyhow. I wonder how long it will take her to notice?

Hey-I just noticed the camera's reflection in the second photo. I kinda wish I had a big black camera-so I could look all smart and photographerish-like my sister!

4 comments:

Dawnie said...

WOW!! What a transformation!!! It looks wonderful. Adrion would totally love it. If I ever get a teaching job, you can come make me up some terrariums for my classroom. How bout' that? Love it.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Dawnie.

Well-of course-I would love to make some terrariums for your classroom!

Jodie said...

you two are so smart.......i never knew there was a word terrarium.

love the picture. darn, a stylish camera would be a bonus huh?????

Holly C. said...

Well-it helped that it said "terrarium" on the tag!