Sunday, March 18, 2012

Photo essay (or something)

Yesterday afternoon-I headed to yet another birthday party.  (This one was for my 18 year old nephew-Patrick.)  I have a rough life-I tell ya!

Traffic on my road is terrible!

(When I passed by this horse and buggy-I noticed the man was sleeping!  Asleep at the reins!  I kid you not.  He had a huge hat on and his head was down.   I feel for him, though-I really do.  I can't imagine how sleepy riding in a carriage must make you.  I'd probably be thinking, "Eh, the horse knows the way" too!)


It was downright balmy out.  A glorious 74 degrees!  In March!


Here's part of the spread!

Here's the white cake.

Here's a blurry pic of the 18 year old.

Jodie also made this delectable chocolate peanut butter cake.  You can find the recipe here at Smitten Kitchen, if you are interested.  You really should be interested.  It was devine!

This morning I woke up to this glorious sky!

I hope you have a fabulous Sunday!

4 comments:

Dawn S. said...

You do have a rough life! LOL I love your pictures. You sure seem to be enjoying your new camera.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Dawn!

When I'm out and about I use my ipod touch-the hipstamatic app-to take pictures. And yes-I do enjoy it!

Michaelanne said...

You poor thing! All that cake to eat! lol! Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL card..I am going to put it in a frame..I can tell you took the picture..because your photos have a certain look to them..Isn't that strange. I can look at them in the thumbnails, and say, "That's one of Holly's!" Your kind words mean so much to me..Your the sweetest..
XXOO
Mchaelanne

A Friend on the Farm said...

It looks like Patty had a great party and lots of YUMMY food! I'm sure seeing the Amish asleep at the wheel was a little confusing but a wee bit funny at the same time. Have a great week Holly!