Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A rug grows in my living room


I named the newest rug Francie-because that's where she's going-France.  Francie is also the name of the protagonist in my favorite book-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

This rug contains thrifted and gifted (my friend must have given me at least a hundred pounds of sheets and fabrics yesterday.  Thank you, Dawnie!) sheets, and a red thrifted tee.

Oh, I've had this one hanging on the back of the loveseat where I sit and crochet for quite a while.  I was really excited about this one, but not so much now.  His name is Boris because he is BORING!  I don't really feel like frogging him, but I need to do something to jazz him up.  Maybe I can figure out how to add some stripes of color in there somehow.  We shall see.

I cleaned my stove a day last week, and I thought it looked kind of pretty, so I snapped a pic.  It was dirty an hour later.  Isn't that always the way?  Anyhow, not too shabby looking for 23 years old, eh?

Have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

gardenmama said...

you are really taunting me with these gorgeous handmade rugs! : ) love them!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

A million rugs and time to clean a stove. Wow! And I gotta ask....does my rug have a name?

Rhonda said...

I like Boris - the muted colors are very "spring like"!! You stove looks awesome. I just learned how to painlessly clean the burner grates of mine- soak them in a garbage bag of ammonia overnight - all the baked on stuff comes right off! Thanks for blogging today- I was getting bored with no new post:-)

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Gardenmama!

Jodi-my house is filthy and that's no joke. Yes-your rug has a name-Liberty.

Rhonda-I think I've heard you can clean your grill grate like that too. My grates aren't too bad-but my stove doesn't get the use yours does!

Rhonda said...

Did you buy the silver liner things under the grates? I've thought about doing that - I just cannot get that area clean and it is so scratched form sos pads and such.

Holly C. said...

They came with the stove. They're a pain-but they do clean up nicely!

Sharon said...

I like Boris :) And the stove looks great, pretty good for an old timer.

Dawnie said...

Your stove looks beautiful! Mine hasn't looked good since you cleaned mine for me. You must have the magical touch with stoves!!!! Love Francie. I need to reread the book. I loved it but I can't remember much anymore. I especially love Boris. I can't believe you think he's boring. It is gorgeous!! Keep up the great work. Please let your bloggers know that I put mine in front of my laundry and it makes me want to actually do my laundry now!!! I love my rug. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!