Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy birthday, Mom! (and look at this step stool!)

This is the third year I've used this photo of my mom as a little girl for her birthday post.  She's not really one for getting her photo taken-I don't know why, though-she looks great.

Happy birthday, Mom.  We love you!

***********************************************

I just wanted to show off my new 'vintage' step stool.  Nope-not from Goodwill.  From Hubby!  His aunt wanted him to get rid of it, but instead he brought it home to me!

Look-flip up the lid and tada-a step stool!  I haven't cleaned it up yet, but after I do-I'll probably try to squeeze it in here somewhere.

I *heart* garbage! 

Have a good day.  :)

6 comments:

Dawnie said...

Good Hubby!!! Very cute!!! I think Jessica has your Mom's eyes. I never noticed that before. Happy Birthday, Linda!

mandy said...

I love that stool; I've always been on the lookout for one like it...nothing beats rescuing treasures from the trash. The 29th is my mom's birthday too! I made The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake Ever...and we had a fun bday party. Happy Bday to your mama!

Holly C. said...

Awww-our moms share a birthday!

We went to my sister's and she made wonderful lasagne and salad with garlic bread. Also she made a wonderful chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. And I made little cheesecakes. (I got off easy!) Unfortunately, my youngest sister couldn't be there. :(

Happy birthday to your mama too!

Thrifty Fox said...

Oooo that stool brings back memories.....I used to love 'helping' Mum in the kitchen standing on a little stool similar to that! How cool. Just found your blog, wow love the circular rag rugs, great colours. I look forward to reading your posts :)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

We had that same step stool. Sadly, it's long gone.

Holly C. said...

It's nice to meet you, Thrifty Fox!