Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yarn wrapped wreath

I had been seeing these yarn wrapped wreaths around the blogosphere and on Flickr. I thought there were really cute and I wanted to try to making one. I followed this tutorial loosely. For example-I used a foam wreath-not a straw wreath-so I didn't need to wrap mine in batting. Also I just used a piece of sheet to hang it with. I embellished mine with three frayed rosettes made with sheets and a sprig of fake berries.

Everything I used was thrifted except for the sprig of berries. It was from one of the arrangements from my father-in-law's funeral.

I think it turned out pretty cute.

Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

So cute! Looks great in your home, I'm sure.

Kim said...

Cute. I might have to try one.

Dawnie said...

Very pretty!!