Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Relearning crochet



I had been wanting to try my hand(s) at crochet again. I haven't crocheted since before my daughter was born and she's 18, you know! So I picked up some cotton yarn and yesterday-during the sheep show at the fair (yes-I'm becoming one of those people that do their needlework in public)-I had my mom refresh my memory on some stitches, and by the end of the day I had a pretty little dishcloth.

Oh yeah-I crocheted a dish cloth and I liked it! I see more crocheting in my future. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have a pattern? Look at your zinnias!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Dawnie said...

WOW! Your dishcloth turned out great! I bought a few crocheted dish cloths recently but haven't used them yet because they are too pretty but everyone says they are the best. Nice job!!! I will have to break mine in. How long did it take you to make it?

Holly C. said...

No I didn't have a pattern. I just estimated the size and single crocheted. My mom showed me how to make the ridges.

Dawnie-oh maybe a couple hours. If you like using them, you know you'll be getting some more!!! From me.

Rhonda said...

Oh-how nice! I still have the afghan you made for Ty. I'm gonna cry - he just left today and I won't see him for over a month. Nice dish cloth. Needlework in public? Oh no, we are getting old! LOL

Holly C. said...

Ahhhhh-don't cry. It'll be alright. We got Hoper moved on Monday. I'm fine-but if I think too much I get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

PS-I think Ty's afghan was the last thing I crocheted. And yes-we are getting old, but it will be alright!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Yeah! Another crocheter! The world cannot have too many. And you did good....Try for an afghan next. I'm quite literally hooked.

Mandy said...

beautiful! i love your sink area. what a happy place to wash the dishes. i love handmade dish clothes.