Thursday, August 19, 2010

I love my bedroom even more...

because I ordered a new quilt! I loved my old one, but after about 7 years of use-I was getting a little tired of it. It was a great quilt though-it held up very nicely. So I washed and dried my new 'antique chic' quilt and put it on my bed this morning. Love it! (I know-I should have made one- but I was too lazy!)
Aren't the colors pretty???
And although I've shown about every square inch of this home-this is a 'corner' I never have. My 99 cent painting above the door there is from Goodwill. I painted and antiqued the frame. Then I snuck the mounted deer horns that were up there-down to the basement and hung my painting in their place. I don't think Hubby has ever noticed because he's never said anything. Shhhh-don't tell. I want my painting to stay!

I'm a sneaky one, aren't I??

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I love your new quilt, very pretty! Where did you get it? I am going to start making a different kind of quilt if you ever see pretty and in good shape flannels or chenilles pick them up for me. I need them to make my new project. I hope it works!

Rhonda said...

I love the colors in that! Very nice. I like the painting better than antlers too- shh, don't tell my guys.

Mandy said...

What an incredibly beautiful room! And I love your covert sneak-out dear antler replacement.

Holly C. said...

Jessie-I ordered it from Overstock.com. Okay I'll keep on the lookout!

Rhonda-Antlers-that was the word I was looking for-ummm-deer horns???

Thank you, Mandy. Now if I could just sneak that buck head out of the living room....

Dawnie said...

I Love your new quilt!!!! Can I make a reservation? Your place is so inviting! Love the picture in lieu of antlers!!!!

Inoureyes said...

Your new quilt does look lovely.
Your rooms looks like a very comforting, cosy place to sleep. I'm off for a nanna nap myself. Hope you have had a good day Holly,
Melissa