Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's suppose to be a cupcake cake

Today I attempted to make a cupcake cake. For my sister-her birthday's on Saturday-not for my daughter. (Hope likes the cakes from the Roadhouse-so I gave her money to get one for herself.)

On Sunday I was in Rite Aid and saw the end cap display for 'As seen on TV' and this silicone cupcake cake pan caught my eye. It looked really cool, so I thought I could make her a cake and then give her the cake pan as one of her gifts. Well, the cake pan is going back to Rite Aid! The cake did not want to cook in the middle and got really dark on the outside. Also, the middle of the cake in both pans puffed way up-which meant I had to cut a bunch of each to make them flat so they could be placed on top of each other. I'm getting my money back! Hopefully I can find my receipt.

So I slapped on the canned frosting, added Necco wafers for giant sprinkles, and sat coffee filters under it for cupcake papers to maybe help make it look like a cupcake. Maybe I should have used 2 different colors for the frosting. Oh well-too late now.

Jodie-I will drop off my masterpiece tomorrow! Hehe:-)

13 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Nice job -- I appreciate any cake, cupcakes included. The Neccos are a nice touch.

melissa said...

wow- that is a pretty amazing cake!

Jodie said...

I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTT.....THAT IS SOOO FUNNY.........I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.......OMG....I AM SOOOO SURPRISED......I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU

Holly C. said...

Love you too!

Jodie said...

THAT IS AWESOME......I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SOMEONE MADE ME A BIRTHDAY CAKE......THAT IS SOOOOO PRETTY...

I AM LOVING SURVIVOR....I LOVE JT HE IS SOOO HANDSOME. ANYONE WITH ME????

Holly C. said...

I is!

I'm sitting here with Acer on my lap-one eye on the tv and one eye on acer. I is talented.

Anonymous said...

u iz a freak !!!

Holly C. said...

So is you Davey!

Inoureyes said...

lol you guys are funny.
Such a cute cake even with the hiccups

Rhonda said...

Cute cupcake - too bad the pan did not work well.

Dawnie said...

That is adorable. Remi wanted me to get this pan because he thought it was cool. Despite your frustration, the giant cupcake turned out to be gorgeous!!! The necco wafers look so pretty on top too.

Holly C. said...

Thanks-but I won't quit my day job!

Anonymous said...

don't you just hate that when something doesn't work! i hope you can get your money back. you salvaged it though, its a pretty darn cute cake:)