Friday, February 5, 2010

I love...sewing notions

Ahhh-sewing notions. They bring me comfort for some reason. Perhaps because they tend to remind me of simpler times (and our precious grandmothers).

I especially love these old, thrifted, wooden spools. (Most of my notions come from good ol' Goodwill.) That's why I display them in glass jars throughout my home.

Seeing this embroidery floss brings me great joy. Yes, it's the little things!

Oh buttons, BUTTONS!-how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. (I know for a fact I'm not alone here.)

What in your home that brings you comfort when you look at it?

Now-I have a notion to go clean something! Anything!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love looking at photos of my family and sunsets/scenes that I've taken around here. I have them flashing on my computer screen too. I don't have much else sitting around - other than toys and dirt! I need to clean too! I like those notions for making cards!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love your notions. There is something so special about old wooden spools, buttons, rick-rack and such -- I love them too. You must have the most wonderful Goodwill nearby. I'm terribly jealous!

Inoureyes said...

Drool!

Dawnie said...

I love notions too, Holly. Of course you know that. But, unfortunately you put yours to good use. Mine just lay around.