Thursday, February 18, 2010

I love...making zipper flowers

I just found this out this morning, because this morning was the first time I've ever attempted to make these cuties.

I can't remember where I first saw these, but I knew I wanted to try them so I googled 'zipper flower tutorial' (don't forget-Google is your friend!) and I found this great tutorial on Martha Stewart's website. Click on 'watch video' and this cute girl will show you how to make them. These are very, very simple to do. You can use them as pins, embellishments for your purse, hair accessories, bows for gifts, etc.
I decided to make myself a zipper flower bouquet. I just hot glued these on lollypop sticks (which were new in bag from Goodwill). Tada-a zipper flower bouquet in this little creamer.

Making these is quite addictive.
Good thing I have a lot more zippers (from Goodwill, of course).
Their new home:-)

7 comments:

kb said...

too cute

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Very pretty....Who would have thought? And of course, Goodwill to the rescue again.

Dawnie said...

You mentioned wanting to make these before and I couldn't picture them. Very pretty. What a lovely bouquet!! Love them!

Sharon said...

Never thought I would like a zipper bouquet - how amazing!

Rhonda said...

Those are adorable!

molly said...

okay, now these are just ridiculously cute!

Alicia said...

I love these. I never saw zipper flowers before. What a great idea.