Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I love...3 ingredient cookies

My mom called me and asked me to look up a recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies one day. (She tries to stay away from flour.) I found one on allrecipes.com. I may have never tried these because-well with no flour in the recipe-I didn't think they would be very good.

Wrong-they are very good. I went to my mom's one day and she had them in the oven-the smell, oh the smell is heavenly. The taste-the taste is delectable! Very sweet-yes. Very good-yes. The texture is similar to regular cookies too.

Flourless peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. My fork always sticks to the dough, so I've been taking the ol' tater masher to them. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool some before you try to take them off the cookie sheet. This single batch made me about 16 good sized cookies.

These are my kind of cookies-3 ingredients and I crowd the whole bunch on my 1 cookie sheet.

6 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

They look good -- do you dip your fork / potato masher in sugar first? It helps.

Holly C. said...

I tried it with the fork and it still stuck. Maybe because there is no flour in it??? So I took out the trusty tater masher and it worked fine. They look a little weird-but that's okay with me!

Dawnie said...

YUMMY!! I love the smell of peanut butter cookies baking.

Inoureyes said...

i would never have thought you could make cookies from just those three ingredients. They look interesting

Rhonda said...

I figured out the WW points for it - if you get 16 cookies, it 4 pts. per cookie. I like the 3 ingredients too - simple is always the way to go!

Holly C. said...

I wondered if you'd figure the points out on this.

Thanks!