Monday, April 13, 2009

Repurpose that broken down microwave!

Make a breadbox!

Our new microwave met an untimely death and I couldn't bear to part with her. So I made her into a breadbox. She can hide our junk food and miscellaneous small items that lay on the counter. I can still stack smaller things on top of her. It will be a little inconvenient because of the way she opens, but I think I can handle that.

If I find things just don't work out, I guess she'll have to go to the landfill. But, hey, at least I tried!!!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh you are so "green". Good idea actually, I never have a good place to keep our bread.

Rhonda said...

OH, BTW, sympathy for the untimely death and all!

Holly C. said...

Oh-thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

i think mabe ure brain haz found an untimely death - ole buddy !!!!!!

Together We Save said...

That is a very "green" idea. I have to admit I probally would not have even thought of it.

kb said...

When I decide I don't like my red microwave I will pass it along...that might be a long time though...

Jodie said...

toooo freaking cute...i tell you........next post should be the sweet picture bracelet, with jodie walter photography on it. you know, those pics with those 3 adorable children.

btw dawnie, patrick says it was a great day in the computer lab with you....

Holly C. said...

I will need your macro lens to photograph the bracelet. K, Jodie?

Tune in everybody for a great post about my brother-out-law on April 26.

Thanks for commenting, Together We Save!

Thanks for the offer KB.

Yes-Dawnie is awesome, Patty!

Anonymous said...

I like them small silver containers sticking on the side of the microwave, may I ask, where did you get them? nice to put small things in, you just do not know where to stick.

Holly C. said...

I believe I bought them at Ollies.

Dawnie said...

AHH, thanks for the sweet comments, guys. I feel honored.