Saturday, April 25, 2009

I love this gadget!!!

I don't buy very many kitchen gadgets anymore-because I know from past experience, I probably won't use them.

But this is one gadget I do use and love. I think it makes my veggies look so purdy! I usually end up taking a crudité platter veggie tray to potlucks, so it's nice to make my veggies look purdy.

I think way back when I bought this gadget from Pampered Chef, it was called a garnisher. Now it's called a crinkle cutter. And it's curved now too.

Sure, I could just use a boring old knife-but what's the fun in that?

(FYI-I'm taking these veggies to my brother-out-law's 40th birfday partay!) (I spelled that wrong on purpose.)

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, the reason I own one of those is because I saw your veggie tray at one of your parties, so I bought one too. I use it ALL the time - I had to buy a new curved one because my old one got dull. See, you were a trend setting way back then too.

R said...

Oh, it also works good for making crinkle cut french fries

Holly C. said...

I'll have to try that on potatoes sometime.

If I get invited to a Pampered Chef party-I might have to the curved one-I bet it works slick!

Dawnie said...

I love this gadget too. I bought it from pampered chef but never used it until I saw how pretty your vegetable tray looked and then I started using it. You should host a pampered chef party and then you could get it for free and we could all come and visit you. Wouldn't that be fun?

Holly C. said...

I don't need a Pampered Chef party for you to come and visit. Come anytime-as long as you don't mind a scuzzy house!!!

Rhonda said...

In all my years of visiting you, I never saw your house "scuzzy". BTW-I have not used the word "scuzzy" for a very long time!!!

Holly C. said...

There is an easy explanation for that-I cleaned before you came! I still use that word all the time-cause I am (scuzzy)!

Dawnie said...

Your house always looks beautiful. And if it were ever "scuzzy" it is because you are too busy cleaning mine sparkling clean that you don't have time to do yours. Ha.