Thursday, January 2, 2014

Photo journaling-Happy New Year!

Some photos from the last week or so, in no particular order:
Happy New Year! is what I thought it looked like this tiny, eyeless snowman was saying.

Yeah-one day I made a little snowman with snow from the deck.  I couldn't find anything to use for his eyes off-hand, so I tried using a black sharpie-it didn't work.  Then, I lost interest.  But not before I took some pics.

Side view-why yes, yes that is a real carrot stick.  (A few hours later he was a pile of slush, but he was kind of cute while he lasted.)

Winter wonderland-this was on New Year's Eve.  Getting dumped on again today.  It is surely beautiful!

Real birds-a junco and a tufted titmouse in my dogwood.

Fake birds-but very pretty nonetheless.  These are gifts from my wonderful friend-Dawnie.  She has a blog now-I'm so excited!  

 Heard honking, looked up, snapped pic.  (This was from Christmas day when I took pics of Princess.)

Cutest little flower pot ever-a gift from Larry's cousin.

Christmas day sky.

My birthday flowers were sent back to the earth.

Christmas eve snowstorm and colored water from my birthday flowers.

I painted my nails for the first time in months on New Year's Eve.  They looked sort of nice, so I took a pic holding the bottle of nail polish like I've seen some others do on Instagram.  I felt kind of dumb doing it, and yet I did it anyhow.  Go figure.

Finally-here's my buddy Roc enjoying a day at the beach-er, I mean lying in the snow.  I love that boy!
I wish you all the very best in 2014!

6 comments:

Rainey said...

Beautiful, as always. Happy new year!

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Rainey! Same to you!

littlemancat said...

Wow! Your photo skills are just amazing! Beautiful pics, Holly.
And I too do things like returning my cut flowers to the earth - seems right somehow, doesn't it?
That little pic of the snowman - first one - would be the cutest card or kiddie book illustration. Love it. And the birds! Well, all of them.
Best to you this new year!
Mary

Holly C. said...

Thank you so much, Mary! Same to you! XO

Unknown said...

A sharpie? Haha!! Too funny! I love your use what you have mentality! Your pictures, as always, are gorgeous! I love the contrast between the flowers and the snow. Beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Robbie! You too!