Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas corner

I just don't have the patience to go all out in the Christmas decorating department-so this is just about it, folks!

My pencil tree was in the basement-so I carried  it upstairs and decorated it with some Shiny Brite bulbs that I picked up at Goodwill.  My Aunt Charolette had given me some old Shiny Brites and I used them too.  See-I didn't feel like getting up in our little attic.  Then I pulled the few decorations from the closet (that weren't put in the attic last year) and sat them around.  Tadaaaaaaaa-I'm ready for Christmas.

I do want to buy some little candy canes and some other Christmas candy for those little dishes.  I also want to pick up a small strand of lights.  I might just lay them on that bare spot on the toybox.  (Hubby wants me to unplug my lights before I go to bed-grrrrrr.) (Yeah-that's my girlie's toybox, which Larry's late uncle made us as a baby shower gift.  It now contains old National Geographics.)

Oh, 'Grace' picture, how I love you!!!

Santa, please stop here!  I've been a very good girl this year.  (Not really!)

I also had some of the antique Christmas bulbs that my Aunt Nancy gave me that weren't buried too deep-so I displayed some of those.

Here's the poinsettia doily my mom made me long, long ago.

I hung the snowman sign that my cousin, Michelle, got me one year.

My neighbor and friend-the one that had been very sick (but she's doing alot better now!)-gave me the angel.

I just put these vintage boxes under the 'pencil' tree because I thought they were pretty.  I got the idea for using things like pretty vintage boxes and packaging for decorating from my good friend, Dawnie.  Her home is always beautifully decked out for Christmas-she's not lazy like me!

Ahhhh-my thrifted cross stitched Santa.   It was destined for the dumpster, but I brought him home with me.  I love him!

Today is my dear friend Rhonda's birthday.  She is quite the shutterbug.  Have a wonderful birthday, Rhonda!

Have a good day, everybody!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your Christmas corner! I would never think to do something like stack those vintage light boxes! Genius:) I will START to decorate on Dec. 1st! The day the elf starts to visit us:) XO!!!

Grateful4Crochet said...

This looks amazing!
I love your ideas

Jessie said...

Everything is very pretty! I just finished toting all of my decoration boxes back upstairs. I wouldn't call you lazy, I would call you very smart. I hung my grandmas old bulbs on my tree this year and I even put up her old tree topper that is made similar to the bulbs(seeing as I couldn't and still haven't found my star or my lights anywhere!) One of the prices on her ornament box was .99 cents. Oh how I wish prices today were like back then only with todays money.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, girls!

Jessie-you should send me a picture of your tree!

Rhonda said...

Your place looks great! You're right though, Dawnie does always deck her place out lovely! Thanks for hte birthday wishes!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your house just looks like fun. I don't think I would ever tire of poking around here and there. So much to see!

Dawnie said...

Your home looks so inviting and pretty!! I know Santa will smile when he visits. Oh how I love those vintage bulbs and boxes!!! Thanks for the compliment but I do less and less each year.

Wendy said...

I love your decorations! I found 2 old Christmas cards that were made into decorations at Smicksburg and bought them. I love the old time Christmas look, like the old boxes under your tree!