Friday, August 16, 2013

Photo journaling

Gooses!  Geeses! (Think-Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.)  I saw these guys out the window,  grabbed the camera, and literally ran out the door.  The only reason I know they were geese is because of the honking.







Zinnias, zinnias, zinnias-I finally cut some to bring inside.  I'd say they are my favorite flower.  Growing my own from seed, makes me love them even more.

Nasturtiums.  My flowers are so pretty individually.  As a whole-not so much.  (Which is why I don't photograph them as a whole.)  I don't spend any time caring for them, therefore they look terrible.

Caught on a barb.

HhHH.  Lined up and ready for their mug shot.
Thank goodness for volunteers!  Otherwise I'd have no maters at all.  

Frozen yogurt pop-I mixed plain yogurt with a little sugar and spooned it into my handy dandy Tupperware popsicle molds.  Fun memory~there are teeth marks on the purple 'stick' part of these molds.  It reminds me that a little girl once lived here.  (There are teeth marks on some old CDs too, which probably need to be thrown away.)

It's 4:33 o'clock somewhere.

What a beautiful day to make hay (today)!  I was going to make hay (okay-mow my very high grass) today too, but I couldn't get the mower started.  Oh, well!

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!

6 comments:

littlemancat said...

Holly - hope this isn't a repeat comment as I had a bit of trouble with leaving my first comment. Eek!
Love the zinnias and nasturtiums - they were my maternal grandmother and mom's favorites and now mine too.
Love the pink spots on the brown butterfly - pic #2 - matching the flower. Thanks for sharing your views/photos of our beautiful world!
Mary

Holly C. said...

You're welcome, Mary. I love zinnias, I think because of the colors and they can be grown from seed and they are so hardy. My mom and sister plant and love them too. I have a soft spot for nasturtiums because Betty Smith mentions them in one of my favorite books-Joy in the Morning. They seem old fashioned too and I love that. And they can be grown from seed and thrive in poor conditions. We seem to have a lot in common.

Thank YOU for your lovely comments!

Holly

Simply Shelley said...

Great pictures....love the zinnias, they are one of my favorite flowers as well...blessings

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Shelley. Same to you. :)

Deb said...

gorgeous photos ~ love the zinnia, a favourite flower too.
your dog Roc is adorable ♥
stopping by via flickr :-)
Deb {vintage sparrow}
have a wonderful day.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Deb! I love YOUR pics!