Sunday, July 14, 2013

Coconut milk 'ice cream'




I decided to make some 'ice cream' using coconut milk, after seeing it making the rounds on the internet.  So I bought a can of coconut milk for the first time in my life.  Then I literally and figuratively dusted off my ice cream maker.  I used this recipe.  Except I halved it.  And I used powered sugar, instead of granulated sugar, because I was almost out of granulated.  And I didn't cool the coconut milk, because I didn't want to wait.  Also, I didn't use a blender-I just mixed it by hand.  (I did shake the can first, though.)  Despite not following the recipe exactly, it turned out great.  It was delicious!  I thought a little chocolate syrup would be good with it (think Mounds bar), and it was.  I think I'll pick up a few more cans of coconut milk, so I have them on hand.

 Have a great day!

No comments: