Saturday, May 26, 2012

Off my camera

When nothing goes right-go left. (I've seen this saying around the internets and I thought it went perfectly with this angle of my favorite tree!)  This one's for you Jessie Kaye! 

I was at my sister's house yesterday and I just had to use my favorite mug of hers.  Isn't it just beautiful?

Good morning sunshine!  It's always a good morning with tea in a favorite cup and my ipod.  Yes!  (Michaelanne has got me hooked on Tazo tea.)

I thought the dappled sunlight on our dirt road looked so pretty.

Out of the nest and mustering up the courage to fly.

                  I checked on my babies yesterday evening when I got home, and the nest was empty.  I couldn't believe it-already? But I couldn't figure out why Mama and Papa robin were squawking when I was near the bush, because the nest was empty.  So I looked around and lo and behold, I spied a baby sitting on a branch.  I checked again this morning and it was still there.  What amazing creatures!

            I painted this abstract piece yesterday and I've entitled it 'Purple Rain'.

Alright-I'm lying.  This is a photo gone bad (but good, I think) of the underneath of one of my rhododendron bushes.  Most of the petals have fallen to the ground, and I was thinking it looked like purple rain.
I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Jessie said...

The question now is; which way is left? You've got the nothing going right thing right, story of my life! Someday?????

Anonymous said...

jessie, do you need to go back to kindergarten(you wish, huh?) you dont know which way is left? Its the hand that shows you the letter "L" using your pointer and thumb. Try it. YOu got it now? good....but now here is the stumper.....I always teach my students to always go on the right path....what is right etc.......dont take the left, take the right. Are you more confused now??? Good, now, just do what you want, left, right, or maybe both???!!!! thats it!!!!! go both ways!!! bahahhaha jodie

Jessie said...

Wow, Jodie! Thanks for the help, NOT! It doesn't really matter though right, left, down the middle none of them seem to work! Been a bad couple of weeks! Maybe north, south, east, or west???? I'm tired of trying to make the right decisions, I want someone to make them for me. Right ones that is! I seem to have trouble doing that!

Anonymous said...

text me jessieeeeeeeeeeeee

Michaelanne said...

Great pics Holly:) I am smiling cuz I hooked you on Tazo:) Lol!! It is good tea:) I wish I could come for a visit..My boys are out of town on a mission of mercy to help my hubs parents..they are getting very elderly and frail. I had to stay home, because I had to work, and after all the time I have had out this year due to my back, I really HAVE to go! So..here I sit.QUIETLY...VERY QUIETLY!!!! Perhaps I will go do some sewing..Its gorgeous outside here:) LOVE the robin pics..XO!

Rhonda said...

Have not commented in a long time! Loving your pictures!

Holly C. said...

Thanks, chicky!

You've been a busy lady, I know!

A Friend on the Farm said...

Aww, your baby birdies are all grown up. Just like Patty graduating today. It doesn't take long, does it?

Holly C. said...

No, Wendy-it sure doesn't!

Rhonda said...

Purple rain does look like art! Those bird pics are gorgeous!