Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunny





Here's the latest rug-named 'Sunny'- for the yellow in her.  Sunny is made from thrifted sheets and shirts.

This song kept popping in my head as I was making it.  It's an oldie-but goodie, like me.  HA!

**************************************
Sunny-by Bobby Hebb

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.

Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
Sunny, thank you for the love you brought my way.
You gave to me your all and all.
Now I feel ten feet tall.

Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the truth you let me see.
Sunny, thank you for the facts from A to Z.
My life was torn like a wind-blown sand,
And the rock was formed when you held my hand.

Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the smile upon your face.
Sunny, thank you for the gleam that shows its grace.
You're my spark of nature's fire,
You're my sweet complete desire.

Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain...

************************
I hope your Sunday is Sunny!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hi! I popped over from Quilted Noodle. LOVE your photography and especially the photos where you have the old photo positioned in the same space as where it was taken...It's obvious your count your blessings and appreciate the little things. God bless!

Wendy said...

Oh Sunny! I wish it was always summer and sunny. Your pictures are so beautiful and bright!

Dawnie said...

I agree with the the above comments!! Love everything sunny, except 100 degrees. Your latest rug is beautiful and so are your pix!

holly c. said...

Hello there Doing Fine-it was nice of you to comment on my blog. I look forward to reading your blog. I love it when people make do with what they've been given! I can't comment on your blog because I can't sign into my google account for some reason.

Hey Wendy and Dawnie!