Thursday, July 14, 2011

Poppy

I'm on a roll-I made another rug today!  This is Poppy.  I came up with the name Poppy because one of the sheets I used had poppies on it and also I kept seeing an advertisement on TV for a new show starring Poppy Montgomery.  AND I've been reading the blog Apples with honey and the author's little girl's name is Poppy.  I think it was meant to be.

Unfortunately, I do not have poppies to use for props.  Just petunias, marigolds, and nasturtiums. 

Poppy is made from thrifted sheets and shirts.
 
After I was done taking photos of my rug, I was getting ready to pitch my flower heads into the yard, when I decided to bring them in and put them in a bowl of water.   Maybe they can be enjoyed for a little while longer.  I should have eaten the nasturtium, and I think marigolds are edible too (I'm not sure about petunias), but I just wasn't hungry for flowers today.  Nope-not craving the flowers!

Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

Poppy is just lovely!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Poppy! It looks very cottagy which someday I hope to have. I found a magazine the other day when I was at Target and it was called Fresh Cottage. I didn't get it because it was 10.00 and I thought I would be able to find online cheaper, but I can't even find it. The pictures in it were exactly whaat I am talking about what I would like my house to look like when I am rich and can afford one. Dream on, I can dream can't I!!

holly c. said...

That you, Jessie? Yes-dreaming's good!

Rhonda said...

Poppy is very nice - love the colors.

Dawn S. said...

Poppy is very pretty. I hear that Nasturtiums are peppery. LOL

Dawnie said...

Love, love, love Poppy's colors. It reminds of shabby chic materials maybe that is why it reminds Jessie of the cottage feel. Very pretty!

Ayana said...

That rug looks great! I love the colors.