Thursday, March 10, 2011

I named this one Linda

I named this rag rug Linda, after my mom, because that's who requested it.  She asked me to make her a "green, lavender, and purple" rug for her spare bedroom.  And she said it could be a little smaller than I usually make them.  This one is about 29 inches in diameter instead of my regular 36.   Your wish is my command, Mom!

Linda the mom is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.  Linda the rag rug is made of thrifted sheets, thrifted t-shirts and also some old flannel pajama pants that belonged to my niece, Jess.  I will have to let Mom know that her granddaughter's clothing is in this rug.

I picked up these seed packets for a dollar a piece at Big Lots the day I drove Mom to the doctor last week.  I found 'Envy' zinnia seeds there.  I saved an article from Country Living magazine about green 'Envy' zinnias.  It's from June 1999 (I was still a youngin!).  So I was quite tickled when I came across these.   I blogged about that article before-here.

I hope you have a good day!
 

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Linda is beautiful! I'm sure your mom is going to love it.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your color choices are wonderful. Bold, yet very coordinating. And I've been meaning to my seeds together. I think I need to go to Agway this weekend.

Dawnie said...

Linda will be very happy with "Linda" rug!! I love the spring colors! Glad you found some cool seed packets! It will be time soon to put them in the ground. I am ready for spring!!!!

A Friend on the Farm said...

This rug is as beautiful as the others. Kolby told me that you need to have a store for all of your rugs :)

Nancy said...

Hello. I'm an artist and I love your beautiful rag rug named Linda. I've been searching to no avail for one with these exact colors but need a rectangle and like the kind that is varied all over rather than stripes. Would you consider making one for me and give me a price? Thanks for reply. Nancy@nancygailring.com