Monday, March 14, 2011

'Americus'

Did you ever read Where the Heart Is? (It was made into a movie too.)  The main character, Novalee Nation, names her baby Americus.  And that's what I'm naming this baby.  My sister asked me to make a rug for one of her friends at work with these colors, and so I did.  I hope this one's okay, Jodie!
I've been buying tons of 29 cent t-shirts at Goodwill.  There are just sooooo many in every color of the rainbow.  The best ones to get for crocheting with are the soft ones and I go for the extra large tees if I possibly can.  You know-more bang for my cents!
As I'm looking through the racks, sometimes I'll come across a 29 cent tee or two that I think-hey, I like that one, or I think Jess might like this.  The red shirt I'm going to keep for myself.  I paid a good $7.00 or so for some just like that one only in black and white.  (Faded Glory is my brand of choice-ha!)  The blue monkey shirt is Aeropostale, and I thought maybe my niece might like it.  If not-the monkey's getting hacked up!
I started some seeds the other day, using this seed starter thing-a-ma-bob that my husband ordered last year.  I'm also testing some older seeds I have to see if they will sprout. 

Let's hope I'm a good gardener this year and not a lazy one.

Have a nice day!

8 comments:

Jodie said...

its purrrrrrrrrrrrfect.....i cant wait for her to see it.

RHonda said...

Americus is beautiful!! I was in my Goodwill yesterday and almost yelled at them for their high prices!! There was nothing in ours for 29 cents -that's for sure! Even the "clearance" things were 49 cents and only one small shelf of those. Good luck with your seeds

Holly C. said...

I'm sure I would be disappointed with our Goodwill if they didn't have their 'specials'!

You would think that they would have universal policies, but apparently not! Butler Goodwill doesn't have the specials either-which is a big disappointment to Kim. :(

Dawnie said...

Love Americus and loved that movie too!! You sure are finding some good stuff at Goodwill! Love your seed picks too.

Dawn S. said...

Love it!!! Love Americana colors!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your rag balls are such a bright spot of color. They look great as an accent piece -- you don't even need to hook them up!

Andrea Q said...

Older seeds will often sprout, but often they take longer or need more warmth. There will be a higher percentage of "duds" in each packet of older seeds than in fresher ones.

Run Lori Run said...

Hey, I just bought one of these greenhouse thingies too. I hope it works!