Monday, December 6, 2010

The stockings were hung by the cabinet with care


When I showed my small amount of Christmas decor last week I neglected to get a photo of my daughter's awesome Christmas stocking.  I remember wanting an awesome stocking for my daughter because us three girls had awesome stockings when we were growing up.  I wish I could get a picture of mine, but it's buried in the attic somewhere.  (Note to self-dig that stocking out sometime!)  They are hand made have our names knitted right into them with a Santa Claus on and his beard is really soft and fuzzy and seems to grow!  Anyhow, I knew of noone that could make me a stocking like that for my own daughter, BUT-my lovely friend Jessie B. came through with this beautiful stocking for my Hopey before her first Christmas and I didn't even ask!  In fact she made many people in our family their stockings-Patrick, Jessica, Ryan, Megan, Sammie?, Luke??  Thank you, Jessie, for this family heirloom!

The stocking beside Hope's is a granny square one that I picked up at Goodwill (of course!)  last year for Dukey.  This year it will be Rocco's!


6 comments:

Val said...

My mom always had--and still has--special stockings for each of us too. My soon-to-be-husband, though, hasn't done the "stocking thing" since he was a kid, and my attempts to restart the tradition for him didn't really take off--he thinks of them as kids' things, so he didn't think much of it and didn't understand how to fill mine/what to fill mine with, I guess. But we always had special handmade ones as kids too. They're sweet, and moreso because you only see them once a year. The cat one for Hope is adorable. :)

Inoureyes said...

Oh my! What a beautiful header Holly!

Jessie said...

Awe, thank you Holly and yes I made everyone in the family a stocking even though I was no longer a part of it. The kids and the family are all very special to me and always will be and I am glad that I could create that heirloom for them.

Holly C. said...

I hope you get all kinds of good things in your stocking this year, Val.

Thanks, Melissa!

Jessie-you will ALWAYS be part of our family!

Dawnie said...

Very nice work, Jessie!! How special!!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Glad to see you're including Rocco in the festivities. I wouldn't want him to feel left out.