Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More rag rugs and a rag bowl





I've been busy with crocheting rag rugs and I tried my hand at a crocheted rag bowl.  It was quite simple.  I just crocheted around and around adding a few stitches here and there (just like you do for the rugs) for the bottom and then when I was ready for the sides I stopped adding any stitches and the sides just kind of grew up!

And there's a funny thing with the rugs.  When I first start making them-I don't think they're going to look right.  In other words-they're a little bit ugly.  But as they grow, they get prettier and when I'm done and throw them on the floor-I likey.  I likey a lot!

Have a wonderful rest of the day.

6 comments:

Inoureyes said...

I likey too!

Dawn S. said...

I likey too! They are lovely!

Rhonda said...

Rag bowl!!! I LIKEY A LOT!!! You are just too creative - do you think you'll still be as creative when you are 43 in a few days?????? :-) Had to add that after the little "note" you put on my card.

Holly C. said...

Bahahahaha! I deserved that. :)

Dawnie said...

Tell Rhonda, we are like fine wine, we just improve with age. HAHA. You are doing a marvelous job, Chicky! I am so very impressed. Love your new header too. It is so cute! When you need a break from rag rug making, we need to go out to dinner!!!! Love your work. You need to start a rag rug business. I get to purchase the first one you sell!!!!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Wow -- you are completely amazing. I love these rugs. And your new header is GREAT! So homey and welcoming. I wish I could snuggle on my couch and whip up a rug myself. Sadly, my boss would frown on that -- so off I trot every day to work.