Monday, November 8, 2010

Last week's Goodwill finds

Here's what I've bought this past week at Goodwill-

::An old metal 'utility' box.  I don't know why I  like things like this-but I do!

::A book.  I already have a paperback copy of this book, which I ordered from Amazon after I read on a blog that someone loved it.  I never did finish the darn thing yet.  Anyhow-I couldn't resist a hardback copy for a buck!

::A little 'finder's keepers' bank.  You know-for keeping change that comes from the washer and dryer-I thought it was so cute!

I hope if you thrift-you've found some good stuff too.  :)

8 comments:

Dawn S. said...

oooOOOOoooo, I love that tool box! I need to start getting out to the second hand stores more!

Holly C. said...

You love it too? Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

dodi said...

Is that author's name Dodie?????? Ack! My crazy name (although not spelled the same) in "lights!" lol! :)

I've only ever met one other Dodi and she was crabby. :(

Holly C. said...

Yes-Dodie Smith. Dodi is a cute name. Wasn't there a Dodi on My Three Sons??? You're probably to young to remember that show!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

No good thrifting finds to be found -- but I have been having a bit too much fun on Etsy. Love your little metal box, especially the color.

Anonymous said...

yes there was:1970: Attending high school, Ernie encounters
difficulty with a new teacher, Barbara Harper,
widow, and mother of a young daughter, Dodie.
Attempting to resolve the difficulty, Steve meets,
falls in love with, and marries Barbara.

Holly C. said...

Hehe! Someone knows their My Three Sons trivia!

dodi said...

OMGosh, yes!!! I am familiar with that show! Not because I watched it, but because my older siblings did, and when it came time to discussing baby names, they suggested it to my mom. Even funnier, after reading the anonymous post, is that my mom's name is Barbara. lol!! :)