Monday, October 11, 2010

A beautiful day today!

It's a gorgeous autumn day here in western Pennsylvania-it's just beautiful outside.  So beautiful, I actually went outside-more on that after I tell you about this delicious chocolate.  I bought this at Target on Saturday-(my mom and my sister forced me to go into a couple stores).  Oh, this is a good one.  I like dark chocolate, but honestly I like milk chocolate better.  But this was so good because it had toffee bits in it and that made it sweeter.  Try it-I don't think you'll regret it!

Okay-on to the beautiful day!  Here's my pup, Rocco.  Isn't he a gorgeous one?  I love how his front legs are crossed and his shadow!

I basically let my flowers go (in other words, I didn't water or weed, and everything pretty much died) after we threw Hoper's graduation party which was the beginning of July.  These came up sometime after that-these are from last year-in other words, they are volunteers! 

I found a feather out in the yard-I thought it would make cute fall decor.

The zinnias are almost all dead-but there were still a few-so I cut them and brought them in.

This wheat is everywhere and I think it's quite beautiful!

Hey-it pays to go outside once in a while!  I think I need to do it more often.

I hope it's a beautiful day where you are too!  :)

8 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I always thought I'd like living in Pennsylvania.
I live in Arizona and don't like it~wayyy to hot.
We still have the a/c on! and it's almost halloween time lol.
It's been getting in the 90's lately~which is cool for us.
so currently I have the windows open, but after 1 pm I won't.
Love your pup pic!
I actually love dark choc better than milk choc.

Rhonda said...

Hee hee- It is beautiful here too, but I did not go outside. I'm so bad because I'll complain when it's cold and I can't go out! I love milk chocolate better too, but dark is starting to appeal to me - I had those before - what's the brand? Mine had nut pieces in - I used them for the top of the cap for a graduation treat at Ty's party (peanut butter cup was the bottom part) - they were very tasty. Love the doggie pic!

Holly C. said...

Niki-If you like snow and the change of seasons-you'd like PA. I love cool weather and snow and the change of seasons-so I guess I love living in PA!

Rhonda-I thought you liked the outside! I've been called a houseplant many, many times.

The brand is Giradelli-it's all gone now. My bad! I never thought of chopped up dark chocolate for black-that's a good idea!

gardenmama said...

your table looks so beautiful!
can i have just a wee bit of that chocolate?? : )

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

We are such soulmates. I have no desire to go outside. Just a once-in-a-blue-moon adventure. This time of year, I'd rather hunker down.

Dawnie said...

Yummy, chocolate!! I am a milk chocolate person, but I would try anything. Hey, what can I say, I can be adventurous. HA. Remi and I LOVED Rocco's pix. We went to Paul's Pumpkin Patch and Ms. Boyles' told spooky ghost stories on the hayride and brought her boxer, Gus. Gus could not decide if he liked me or Remi better and spend most of the hayride on our laps. No, he is not a puppy, he is full grown. We loved every minute and giggled the entire time. We LOVE dogs.

Patricia Miller said...

I saw mention of your blog on the Etsy homepage....so glad I clicked the link! I've been reading your blog for days and have found some really great ideas I want to use in my own home (I guess what I'm saying is that I'm stealing your ideas...sorry!) I am from Western PA too! Grew up in Pittsburgh (Go Steelers!) and now transplanted in Erie.
Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and thank you!

Holly C. said...

Hi, Patricia Miller-it's nice to 'meet' you!

It's so funny to hear that someone is reading my blog 'for days'! That's my favorite thing to do-find a blog I like and read it from the beginning-it's like a good book, I think.

Steal away-I do the same thing.

Yes-go Steelers!

Holly