Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sampler

My goodness it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I cleaned out my closet yesterday and came across this wall quilt I had made-I think-about seven years or so ago. The local quilt shop had this thing called 'Freebie Friday'. On one Friday a month they would hand out kits for a quilt block, and if you had it completed the next month you got the next kit free. If not-you had to pay five dollars. I had to pay a time or two.
I remember these were hard for me to do and I let myself get stressed out about it!
Also, I remember thinking I did a lousy job with these blocks, but looking at them now-
they seem just fine to me!
In fact, I think this little sampler quilt deserves to come out of the closet
and have a little couch time. It's too cute to be hiding in a closet!

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my-gorgeous, Holly! You did a fantastic job. I love it and it looks so nice hanging on the line!

Floss said...

It's lovely! Isn't it wonderful to rediscover old projects? I particularly like the fan block, and I think the whole 'freebie' idea was a great one.

Holly C. said...

Thanks, guys!

Inoureyes said...

I think you did just fine too. I have quilt jealousy when i come to you blog!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Too cute to hide away -- Definitely. You did an amazing job.

Dawnie said...

You did an AMAZING job, Holly. Glad you brought it out of the closet. I love all the different patches. Each one is so unique and sweet! I would display it proudly!!! And look at all of those beautiful REDS!!

mandy said...

this is so beautiful Holly! What a treasure to have for years to come.

Holly C. said...

Thanks for the quilt love, everybody!