Monday, September 27, 2010

From calendar to paper banner

Last year I made some calendars from vintage sheet scans.  I ordered them from Artscow.com.  (They were cheap.)  They sent me two extra because they said they messed up a batch.  So on two of my calendars the scans were upside down.  I have one messed up one hanging up and I found a messed up one in a cupboard. I didn't want that nice heavy paper to go to waste, so I decided to make a paper banner for my bedroom.
Cutting down in my dark, dark basement.
Sewing the paper onto seam binding in my dark, dark basement.  I like to sew paper.
Tada!-all finished.
I can never add too much color to my very orangey, woody bedroom. I love you, bedroom! 

6 comments:

Luisa said...

That looks great! I love reusing pretty. I've never thought about sewing paper looks like a good idea.

~Niki~ said...

lookin' great! love the wood on the walls.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love your bedroom too. Clever idea.

Rhonda said...

Now that is clever! I know what you mean about all that wood - I have the EXACT same problem in most of my house.

Inoureyes said...

Such a clever cookie!

dodi said...

The "kathunk, kathunk, kathunk" of the needle punching through the paper is so neat, isn't it?? Love the banner - adds another pop of color. :)