Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mother and child

On Saturday, my girl got home from the beach. She brought me back a souvenir. It was this picture frame. (Here we are back in 1993. Mother age 25, child age 18 months.) Now instead of being 18 months old, she is 18 years old-and I am telling you-I don't know how it's possible-but that's the way it is, just the same. Now, she has moved into a place of her own-and yesterday was her first day of college.

There are so many things I probably should have done differently when raising this child up! But I have always loved, loved, loved her with all my of heart and I always will-and that is something I will never regret. :)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Such a great picture! How nice of her to get you this frame. I think every parent has regrets and wishes there were things they had done differently, but after all, we are only human and we do the best job we can - especially when we love them so much. I hope college goes well for her.

Kim said...

I love that picture of you too. Man I'm so emotional...you brought a few tears to my eyes.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Oh Holly -- we all think of the many things we should have or could have done, but in the moment, we did the best we could. You raised a beautiful girl. She's going to be just fine because you'll always have her back. Keep your chin up through this transition. (Mine still wobbles a little, but every day it gets a little better).

mandy said...

Holly, it must be so bittersweet to see her go. keeping you in my thoughts! big hugs, mandy

Holly C. said...

Thanks all, for your kind comments!

Dawnie said...

How sad! How is it possible that time goes by so quickly!!! We all do the best we can and we all make mistakes. Adam and I always say they will come back as adults and remind us of all the things we did wrong. But we do the best we can with what we have- time, talent, money, values and shower them with LOVE. That is all I can do and that is what you have done. Just trust God to take care of the rest.