Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Miscellany

So, my child took my her camera with her to the beach this week. I have been using her camera for months. And now-I don't really like my camera so much. It's a lot harder to get a decent shot with the ol' Easyshare-if you know what I mean.

So I decided to look through some of my pics and show you some that never made the cut.
I found an inch worm on my entertainment center a few weeks ago. I had to take a pic, you know, before I released him back to the wild! (PS-the only thing I have the heart to kill are flies!)
I took this shot of some thrifted bobbins back in February. You know I love my notions. With a little editing-I think I like this photo!
Back in January (with my Easyshare-HA) I was going to show you this awesome watermelon rug that my mom crocheted for me back about 15 years ago-but never did. Again-with a little editing-I likey! (PS-I miss and love you snow!!!)
I was out of bread a couple weeks ago (again!) so I decided to make some Irish soda bread and although it doesn't really look it-it was good.
These three maniacs above are my sister and brother-in-law's dogs. This is how they greet you! First is Mok-the favorite-because he's been a sickly dog and because he's a very nice doggie. We call him a lemon sometimes-but love him just the same. Second is the beast known as Bear-he actually is a pretty nice pup-but I like to call him Kujo. Lastly-but not leastly is Checkers. He is Mok's (that's short for Smokey-by the way) father and the oldest and is quite meek. The other two have worn him down! Even though they can be annoying-I love them all and so does Dave, Jodie, Patrick, and Jess.
And finally-here's my wittle pup back a couple months ago. I cartoonized some photos of Rocco (this one by Adam) with the Kodak software I have. (Isn't it cool how that works?) I was thinking about making a children's book about him someday.

Well that's all I got. Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

Dawnie said...

Love your photos. They are great. Rocco is so sweet!! I bet he has grown alot since we saw him last. He would make a perfect children's book subject!! Look out Carl!!!

Rhonda said...

So glad you're back!!! I love that shot of the thread - that would look so cool with some photo editing. I love that rug too - snow, I hate! Pups are cute too. So good to have you blogging again - even with a stinky camera LOL

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love black dogs....There's just something about them. You did good getting their picture -- sometimes the eyes disappear in all that blackness.

Inoureyes said...

I think its a great idea to be making a childrens book about your dog. Ellie and I are into making childrens books....even though they may not ever be published we are both very proud of them

Holly C. said...

Awwwwww-I know. Even if they're made just for fun-it's a nice keepsake and perhaps a family heirloom!