Saturday, August 7, 2010

Handmade Home Project-Complete!

Well-I just completed the last of the 33 projects in the book Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule-better known as Soulemama.

A year ago-I decided to make every project in Handmade Home. I called it the Handmade Home Project.

I really loved this book! I loved that every project in it was very doable and that I could get everything I needed for the projects here at home or at Goodwill. I'm a lover of repurposing, so this book was a really good fit for me.

Doing this little project forced me to make things I normally wouldn't have made. And along the way I learned a thing or two-and it never hurts to practice the ole sewing skills.

Below is a mosaic of all the projects. I think they turned out quite nice.
1. Handmade Home-front, 2. Beach blanket to go, 3. Art and hooks rack, 4. Family sweater hat, 5. Mouse pad, 6. Baby's fringed play mat, 7. Towel rug, 8. Meg's art tray, 9. Maddie's rag rug, 10. Fiber garland, 11. One word banner (No word banner in my case), 12. Doily scarf, 13. Treasure bag, 14. Millie's hot pad, 15. The family heart, 16. Button flower blanket, 17. Handkerchief curtain, 18. Portrait bookmark, 19. Adelaide's pillowcase dress, 20. Cloth diaper, 21. Ezra's letter satchel, 22. Rag Bag, 23. Calvin's papier-mâché bowl, 24. Family art table runner, 25. Broadturn bag, 26. Papa's healing cozy, 27. Quilt strip pillow, 28. Mama's bag, 29. Brandie's book, 30. Cozy wall pockets, 31. Memory tree quilt art, 32. Silky eye pillow, 33. Baby sling, 34. Women's cloth, 35. Handmade Home. The back.

The end-for now.

8 comments:

gardenmama said...

I did not see this post and just left a note on the last one : ) I see that you loved the book! How fun to have made so many lovely projects!

Holly C. said...

Gardenmama-I think you would really like this book!

kb said...

So proud of you. all the projects were neat!

Holly C. said...

Thanks Kimmie!!! Love you.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You are amazing! I'm so impressed. But I seriously want to know what's next.

Dawnie said...

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY!! I am so impressed!! What a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction you must be feeling. Good for you!!!!!

hanna said...

well done! very impressive. I really want to make one of those braided mats, yours looks great.

Rhonda said...

Congratulations! YOu did a great job on all of them!