Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Treasures

I really love finding handmade pottery at Goodwill. I found this little turquoise treasure there yesterday. The zinnias are the first treasures cut from my zinnia bed!
Lastly, I received this little treasure of a bread box in the Goodwill parking lot! Yes, I saw my friend Dawnie at Goodwill, she had this breadbox in her car and was going to get rid of it, but asked me first if I wanted it. I hesitated a little, but I decided to go ahead and take it. I'm glad I did-it's replacing my red broken down microwave for storage, giving me a little more counter space and brightening up the corner. Dawnie suggested I could paint it to get rid of the mushrooms-but I kind of like them. (You know how I'm starting to love that 1970ish stuff now!)

Oh I love my little treasures-it doesn't take much to make me happy!

11 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I used to disdain all that 70s stuff. Hated it -- but, I'm coming around too. It's looking more and more cool to me. I just don't see myself loving big 80s florals. Hmmmmm.

Holly C. said...

Yes-I know. The 80's and 90's are so yesterday! The 60's and 70's are where it's at. (But in a few years the we'll probably be attracted to that 80's and 90's stuff-ick!)

Luisa said...

Just found your blog through soulemama. You have a pretty and cheery blog. It's raining here so I'll keep the rock painting in mind.
Thanks!

Holly C. said...

Thanks, Luisa!

Rhonda said...

I love the pottery and the bread box. It's great to reuse old stuff!

Jodie said...

you are my little treasure!!!! i had you from the start.....but never knew you were my treasure when we were little....but now i do....

Holly C. said...

Awwww, thanks! Your my little treasure too.:)

hanna said...

love them both!

Dawnie said...

The breadbox looks GREAT! Glad you were able to use it. Things always looks sweeter at your house! Love your zinnias in your pottery! Very nice! Kelli was here yesterday and saw your beach blanket and now she wants to make one from her strawberry shortcake sheets. I have bought tons of sheets lately for making beach blankets or coasters so we need to have a sewing day or evening so you can hold my hand to get me started. HA. Seriously, that would be fun! I would love to make a couple for gifts. There is enough here to make several. Jessie mentioned sewing too. Maybe we need to start a sewing bee.

Holly C. said...

Sounds good, Dawnie! I've got a rotten cold at the moment-so maybe next week sometime.

Anonymous said...

Please don't paint over it. It is part of a big collection of that pattern. AND its becoming very collectable!