Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rhubarb soda

I finally made rhubarb syrup for rhubarb soda this morning. I've wanted to make rhubarb soda since I saw it here on Soulemama last June. Well, it was here again on Soulemama this morning, and my neighbor had just given me rhubarb a couple days ago-so it was the perfect time to try it.

I doubled the recipe and I have a feeling that I shouldn't have doubled the sugar. It's a bit too sweet, if there's such a thing. But it's still very tasty. I think I'll also be making some rhubarb popsicles with this syrup. It's starting to heat up around here again. ICK!

8 comments:

Inoureyes said...

That does look delishious! I havnt had rhubarb in years. Oh how i long for the heat. Im rugged up in bed with ellie snuggled beside me with the flu.... yet again.

Dawnie said...

That looks yummy! (pretty too)!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I totally must give this a whirl. It sounds and looks delicious. And as luck would have it, my rhubarb is growing like crazy.

Rhonda said...

Okay, not sure about this- do you like rhubarb normally? I can't eat anything with it in - I wonder if I would like the soda?

Holly C. said...

Yes-I like rhubarb pie and jam. So you probably wouldn't like it:(

kb said...

mmm...sounds good!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Just wanted to let you know -- I made it! And it is so good. There's none left....Back to the garden for more tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

sounds and looks really good. i have never done anything with rhubarb, i need to.